Today’s article shares how to experience nature’s peace and presence anywhere, anytime—even within crises, crowds and cities. To see the video of this personal growth adventure with Angelique at the Dells of the Eau Claire River in Aniwa, Wisconsin click here (and subscribe to receive free, weekly inspirational videos).
Where is peace?
While standing beside a stream, walking beside a mountain or in our favorite place, we can easily experience peace. When outer nature is peaceful, it has a way of washing over us and helping us feel peace.
When our inner nature is peaceful, we can experience inner peace, even amidst turmoil. For example, it is possible to feel both peaceful, and be aware of suffering—yet not allow ourself to become less peaceful due to the suffering. We can help ourself to experience peace more often, by recognizing and accepting that we have the power to be, chose and invite peace.
Access peace within through Nature.
Though we may admire nature, we may not be aware that nature’s peace can provide us with daily peace within, even when we’re in crisis, cities and crowds for example. Nature is everywhere—she’s the planet under our feet, the food on our plate, the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the body we wear during our lifetime. The peaceful parts of nature are like the peaceful part of us. Like a calm pond at dawn, we reflect each other’s state of being.
Reflect on nature’s peace.
The more we reflect on the peaceful presence of nature, the more peaceful we become. We reflect our focus. It’s akin to watching violence on television, and then noticing that we feel that violence, anger, fear, etc. within us. It’s up to us to choose to reflect on nature’s peace to experience more peace within ourself.
Absorb nature’s peace.
We can affect how much peace we experience, for how long and how often. Just as we can be absorbed in the beauty of Bali on TV when we’re actually in our backyard, we can absorb the peaceful feelings in nature and experience pervasive peace, even when we’re far from nature. Here’s how:
For peace to reign in our life, we, as the sovereign rulers of our own nation-state of ourself, must declare that peace is non-negotiable and our top priority. To gain the ability to experience consistent peace and peace on-demand through nature, we can do the following:
- Go outside. Don’t wait for the to-do list to get done! Take five minutes or more to just sit, relax, breathe and enjoy.
- Get comfy. Sit, stand, walk. Just be comfortable in your you-ness and be comfortable with nature, exactly as she is.
- Relax completely. Notice, acknowledge and release any resistance to relaxing. Notice, acknowledge and release muscle tension. Be thankful for choosing to relax.
- Note each of your physical senses. Note each of the senses individually (what you see, smell, hear, taste, touch). You may also note a sixth sense. Then notice what you experience—within each of these senses, and within nature.
- Allow & Invite nature to fill ALL your senses. Then notice what you experience. By noting how your senses are affected by nature, and giving thanks, you are paying attention to and caring about her. You are also caring about yourself, and your peace!
- Re-access your senses, anytime! Rather than shutting down your senses to return to work or stress, access and stay open to your awareness of your senses when they are full with nature. In this way, you allow yourself to stay connected to nature and peace.
No one can become peaceful for us! The more we take the initiative and reflect, absorb and prioritize peace, the more we’ll experience it in ourself and life!
If you’d like a fresh perspective on your life which invites more peace, hope, health and joy, explore how a package of conversations with Angelique can invigorate your growth!
Join us for a LIVE workshop near the ocean!
Friday, October 28 Writer’s Workshop at the Pat Conroy Literary Center & Festival in Beaufort, South Carolina.
Workshop: Personal Growth Through Journaling: Invite Peace, Passion & Joy
What do we invite into our life? Let’s frolic in the creation of a fruitful, customized practice to observe and write in ways that welcome and celebrate opportunities for peace, passion and joy! Click for details and book your tickets today!
Join us for a LIVE hike!
(Advance bookings are required, see below for details.)
Tuesday, October 18 in Townsend, Tennessee’s Smoky Mountains
Revel in a full Day Hike & Dinner with Angelique!
This invigorating, moderate-level, wooded, trail walk through Cades Cove to Abrams waterfall is followed by a casual, 5-star supper on the patio of the Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro and Lodge in Townsend, TN. Overnight stays available. Click for details and book your tickets today!
Sunday, October 30 from 9:00-10:30 a.m. at Hunting Island, South Carolina
Hunting Island State Park is a jewel in the crown of the Lowcountry Sea Islands. Home of towering loblollies, the great horned owl, deer, palmetto and pine needle-bedded-trails, immerse yourself in the experience of “forest bathing” and learn how to relax in nature. Whether it’s your first time in the forest, or you’re an avid nature-lover, learn techniques to deepen your personal ease and heighten your connection with the intuitive guidance within nature. Click for details and book your tickets today!
For the tour schedule, sign up to receive complementary email updates, or go to the tour page of our website. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Always with love,